In the years following lockdown, fitness seems more important than ever to many people. One destination in Roane County offers a variety of training courses and classes to allow citizens to get in or keep in shape, no matter their background. The Body Shop was started in Rockwood last year by Denise Swafford, and is located at 4327 Roane State Hwy.
“I opened the body shop a year ago this April, really out of a passion that I’ve had for many years to have a local health and wellness gym that’s available to the community,” said Swafford. “Offering a place where there’s no intimidation, it’s really an environment where everyone can feel comfortable, welcomed, and supported to find their journey into wellness and whatever that looks like and it looks different for everyone. It’s not this extreme ‘bro’ gym where people go in and throw weights around. It’s a state-of-the-art gym, I selected all of the equipment and organized the facility and saved a Roane County building. The old barber shop and Jolly Bowl combo that, during COVID, had gone back to the county and was county-owned. I bought the building and completely gutted it, redid everything.”
- You only need these 7 exercises and a 7-minute EMOM workout to torch muscles and build strength
- Your Healthy Family: Basic fitness
- How Ryan Reynolds Got in Superhero Shape for 'Deadpool'
- Strengthen your upper body in just five moves with this 20-minute dumbbell workout
- Ben Lechter: The Holistic Fitness and Health Coach You Need